Spring is coming! I love Spring…I love Easter…I love birds chirping and the smell of fresh cut grass! Can you tell I’m a little excited? I grew up in Maine, so our Spring is basically the thaw after a brutal winter so everything is muddy and wet. It doesn’t start to dry out until June/July so we always joke that Maine doesn’t really have 4 seasons, we just have snow, mud and mosquitoes. I love living in Virginia, where the Spring is beautiful, the winters are pretty mild and the summer and fall are true to their seasons.
In celebration of Spring, I wanted to post a few of my favorite things and a little incentive for you to tell me what your favorite things are. Lets see how many people read my blog…A commenter will be chosen at random to receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card [Family excluded]. Winner will be chosen when I return from vacation and announced on April 10.
1. Sanuk Sandals – these are amazing sandals. I wore mine with everything last summer until Samson; our mischievous puggle decided that he wanted to eat mine – so I will be purchasing a new pair shortly – I’m just waiting for the temperature to get out of the 40′s.
2. Nivea Lip Butter – Hands down, best lip moisturizer out there
3. Topsy Turvy Strawberry Planter – I have been dying to try and grow my own fruits, vegetables & herbs. I have been eyeing this strawberry planter for a few years and I am going to give it a try. I found a tomato and herb planter also I think I will have Chris pick up. Now, if I can keep the bunnies from eating all of my beautiful plants then I will have succeeded.
4. The Voice – Need I say more??? I think this show is just ingenious and I love how the judges choose the finalists based on just their voice and not their looks or their whole package…and who doesn’t love Blake, Adam, Usher and Shakira – EEEEK
5. DWTS – OMG – March brings such an amazing line up of new shows and I would be remiss if I didn’t mention my all time favorite show ever!!! The mere fact that Kellie Pickler is one this season just adds to my excitement! [insert jazz hands] I am praying that she wins! GO KELLIE!
So that wraps up a few of my favorite things this month – leave a comment on your favorite thing and you could walk away with that sweet little gift card just in time for Spring.